Veterinary Dental Care
Veterinary Dental Care in Marietta, East Cobb and surroundings
We are Particular about Your Pet’s Health—and Proper Dental Care is Critical!
Keeping your pet’s teeth clean and healthy is one of the most important steps you can take when it comes to preventive care. Periodontal disease is extremely common, and many pet owners are unaware that it is also easily preventable.
Plaque and tartar that build-up on your pet’s teeth can lead to bacterial infections, and gingivitis, which can progress to more advanced forms of periodontal disease. Without proper care, there is risk of tooth loss and endangering other vital organs such as the heart, kidneys, and liver. Establishing a regular dental routine, including professional cleanings to remove plaque and tartar, is essential. Call us today to schedule your appointment!
Our annual professional preventative dental care exam includes:
- A comprehensive oral examination of the teeth, gums and mouth while your pet is under anesthesia
- Complete ultrasonic scaling and root planing using modern ultrasonic hand instruments to clean both above and below your pet’s gum line.
- Polishing to create a smooth surface that is more resistant to plaque and tartar buildup.
- A comprehensive pain management plan is established before, during, and after any oral procedure that may cause discomfort.
- Minor oral surgery including tooth extractions, fistula repair and the removal of oral tumors
- Our well-trained technicians continuously monitor your pet while under general anesthesia with the aid of digital monitoring equipment
- Instruction and product recommendations for home dental care
- When necessary, referrals will be provided to veterinary dentists and specialists
We Strongly Recommend At-Home Dental Care
Good dental care for your pet does not end after he or she leaves our hospital. Much like you care for your own teeth, we strongly encourage you to brush your pet’s teeth each day. A good time to remember to brush is at meal time.
Dental care for your pet is one of the cornerstones of our wellness program. Please discuss your pet’s dental needs and concerns at your next visit to Montrose Animal Hospital and Pet Hotel.